What treatment does disabled soldier enjoy?
According to the military service law of the people's Republic of China and the regulations on pensions and preferential treatment for servicemen issued by the State Council in 1988, disabled servicemen mainly enjoy the following treatment:
1. During the period of active service, those who are disabled due to war or work and basically lose their ability to work due to accumulated work and illness shall go through retirement procedures and be accepted and resettled by the people's Government of the county, Autonomous County, city or municipal district where the original place of collection or the place where the immediate family member lives.
2. Disabled servicemen who do not take part in the work after being discharged from active service shall be given disability pension by the civil affairs department; disabled servicemen who take part in the work after being discharged from active service or enjoy the treatment of retirement or retirement shall be given disability health care pension by the civil affairs department. Disabled servicemen who continue to serve in the armed forces shall be given disabled health care gold by their units.
3. The disabled servicemen of special grade and first class who have retired from active service shall be supported by the state for life. Where centralized support is needed, special institutions shall be set up by the state for support; where decentralized support is needed, local people's governments shall be responsible for proper placement and shall pay nursing fees in accordance with regulations; where disabled servicemen of the second and third class live in cities and towns, the people's governments of the counties, autonomous counties, cities and municipal districts where they are located shall arrange work within their capabilities; where they live in rural areas, the areas where they live have conditions, They may arrange appropriate work in enterprises and institutions. If they cannot, they shall, in accordance with regulations, issue additional disability pensions to ensure their livelihood.
4. Disabled servicemen above class B (including class B) shall enjoy public medical treatment. If the third-class disabled servicemen do not enjoy medical treatment at public expense, the medical expenses needed for wound recurrence shall be solved by the local civil affairs department; if there is difficulty in paying the medical expenses due to illness, the local civil affairs department shall give subsidies as appropriate.
5. For demobilized disabled servicemen who do not enjoy medical treatment at public expense, if they are unable to pay for medical treatment due to illness, the local health department shall give them a reduction or exemption as appropriate.
6. Disabled servicemen who work in state organs, social organizations, enterprises and institutions and are disabled due to war or work shall enjoy the same living welfare treatment as disabled employees in their units.
7. The artificial limb, tricycle and other auxiliary equipment for disabled soldiers to be prepared due to disability shall be approved and solved by the civil affairs department.
8. Disabled servicemen who take state-run trains, ships, long-distance buses and domestic civil aviation airliners shall be granted priority to purchase tickets with the certificate of disabled revolutionary servicemen and enjoy preferential fare according to regulations.
9. Disabled servicemen enjoy the priority of employment, enrollment, relief, loan and housing distribution under the same conditions as other people. The cultural and physical conditions for the admission of disabled servicemen to secondary schools and institutions of higher learning should be appropriately relaxed.
10. Disabled servicemen who enjoy the pensions and subsidies stipulated in the regulations on pensions and preferential treatment for servicemen and who still have difficulties in life shall be given preferential treatment by the local people's government.
11. For disabled soldiers who are disabled due to war, if they die of recurrence of wounds within one year after the disability assessment certificate is issued, one-time pension and regular pension shall be given to their families in accordance with the pension provisions of revolutionary martyrs; if they die of recurrence of wounds one year later, one-time pension and regular pension shall be given to their families in accordance with the pension provisions of sacrificing soldiers on duty. After the death of a special or first-class disabled serviceman due to war or work, his family members shall enjoy regular pension according to the pension provisions of the family members of the serviceman who died of illness. When a disabled serviceman receiving disability pension dies, he shall be given family funeral allowance according to the funeral standard of the state organ staff.